Many of the children in the Dominican Republic do not have the opportunities in life that we consider basic. Many suffer from malnutrition, making growth and development difficult. Many lack the opportunity to attend school, where they can grow and contribute to the betterment of their community.
Through the Sponsorship Program, children benefit by:
- Interacting with his/her sponsor through letters
- Receiving a school uniform, backpack and school supplies
- Receiving a medical and dental checkup once a year
- Receiving partial costs of needed medication
- Receiving key life skills
- Attending two parties each year: one is a birthday for everyone and the second is the annual Christmas party
- Monthly home visits by the HOH child coordinator in each village to determine if there are any problems in the home, if the child is attending school regularly, and whether the child suffers from medical, vision or hearing problems, mental health issues, etc.
Through the Sponsorship Program, sponsors have the opportunity to:
- Communicate with their sponsored child through letters (guidelines for writing letters are provided by HOH)
- Receive letters from their child
- Visit their sponsored child, meet the child's family, and see the child's home
- Invest financially in the well-being of a child who lives in an impoverished home and community
It is our desire and prayer that children and families will be drawn to Christ as they experience God's grace poured out through the partnership and opportunity provided through Hands of Hope and the local churches.
It only costs $32/month to sponsor a child.
- MONEY GIVEN FOR CHILD SPONSORSHIP IS USED TO HELP THE CHILD, HIS/HER FAMILY, AND COMMUNITY.
- Hands of Hope’s Sponsorship Program is comprehensive and holistic. It's dedicated to helping children find a path out of poverty through the love of Jesus Christ.
- By working with local churches, Hands of Hope offers educational opportunities, health care and health-related instruction, nutrition, life-skills training, and opportunities to hear about and respond to the gospel.
- Mothers and caregivers learn how to create a safe home environment and provide the essential developmental opportunities needed to raise happy, healthy children with bright futures.
- The families also receive spiritual disciplining so they can develop a dynamic lifelong relationship with Christ. Children are stronger, caregivers are more confident, and families and communities benefit from their newly discovered physical, emotional and spiritual strength.
- Essential to this program is the relationship between the child and his or her sponsor. The program connects one child with one sponsor to help the child achieve his or her God-given potential. Through exchanged letters and prayer, children and their sponsors can develop a lasting relationship.
- As with any relationship the depth and extent of this connection is unique to the two individuals participating. Children around the world treasure the prayers and letters they receive from their sponsors.
- To send a letter to your child, attach the letter to an email and send it to email@example.com
- Some children choose specific careers because of this relationship and many are motivated to surpass their wildest dreams because someone across the globe cares, encourages and prays for them.
- In many cases the relationship between a child and his or her sponsor extends throughout the child's development. Of course, the relationship is mutually beneficial, because many times God uses children to teach adults in His own strategic way.