It is our desire and prayer that children and families will be drawn to Christ as they experience God's grace poured out through the partnership and opportunity provided through Hands of Hope and the local churches.
Many of the children in the Dominican Republic do not have the opportunities in life that we consider basic. Many suffer from malnutrition, making growth and development difficult. Many lack the opportunity to attend school, where they can grow and contribute to the betterment of their community.
For $40* per month, you can partner in this work through our sponsorship program.
- Help children achieve his or her God-given potential
- Building relationships by connecting a child with a sponsor
- Offering educational opportunities, health care, health-related instruction, life-skills training, and opportunities to hear about and respond to the Gospel.
- Increased access to formal schooling and Bible teaching.
- Families receive spiritual disciplining, so they can develop a dynamic lifelong relationship with Christ.
- Long-lasting relationship between a child and their sponsor.
- Mothers and caregivers learn how to create a safe home environment and provide the essential developmental opportunities needed to raise happy, healthy children with bright futures.
Children benefit by:
- Interacting with his/her sponsor through letters.
- Children receive a backpack and school supplies.
- Having a safe space to learn and interact with others.
- Durning Christmas, the family receives a special food box
- Regular home visits by the HOH child coordinator to determine if:
- There are any problems in the home
- The child is attending school regularly
- The child suffers from medical, vision or hearing problems, mental health issues, etc.
- To see God's working with them.
Sponsors have the opportunity to:
- Communicate with their sponsored child through letters
- To send a letter to your child, attach the letter to an email and send it to email@example.com
- Receive letters from their child
- Visit their sponsored child, meet the child's family, and see the child's home
- Invest financially in the well-being of a child who lives in an impoverished home and community